One of my favorite bars is 1849. I discovered it when a bunch of my friends invited me out to this bar, being one of their regular hangouts during the week. They were drawn to going their for their drink and wing specials on Wednesday nights. 20 cent wings and half-priced drinks from 6pm to close. Beers are generally $6-7 but half priced ($3-3.50) makes them worth it. I fell in love with the place instantly.
I later started going to this bar once a month with one of my best friends. Usually we’d have 4 beers, 40 wings, + tip for a little more than $30. What a deal.
I recently had my birthday at this place on Sunday expecting it not to be crowded but there was a fair amount of people there. Luckily we managed to secure the couches and were well taken care of.
Their happy hour specials are not limited to Wednesdays but span the entire week.
- Happy Hour Everyday Until 8pm (1/2 priced beer and well drinks)
- Wing Specials Everyday (BBQ/Mild/Buffalo) .20 cent 3pm-6pm
- Sunday and Monday’s Special
- Happy Hour extended until 1am
- Wing Special extended all day
- Tuesday’s Special
- $2 Coronas and $2 Cuervo Shots (8pm-1am)
- Wednesday’s Special
- $7 Pitchers
- Wing Special extended all day
- Thursday’s Special
- LADIES NIGHT: 1/2 priced beer and well drinks
- After Work Party .05 Cent Draft w/ Any Appetizer
They have seating both upstairs and downstairs, red velvet couches which are for parties of 4 or more (all of which have to be present before you can get seated). They also have a private lounge downstairs but is only open upon reservation. Mgt refused to discuss prices so I am assuming you have to drop a lot of cash to use it.
They have a large beer selection and the food is pretty good too.
- They add a 20% Gratuity automatically on to your bill but do not tell you about it. So be careful not to double tip, which I had done in the past until I realized my mistake.
- The bouncer can come off rude and power hungry.
- Your entire party must be present before you can be seated.
- Wait staff aren’t as attentive as you would like.
Final Verdict: I highly recommend this place. Come for the .20 cent wings and the $3.50 beers. Great prices for New Yorkers.
183 Bleecker St
New York, NY 10012
Thanks to this bar and lounge deck my roommate got me for Christmas, I have been exploring more of Gotham’s hidden gems; St. Dymphna’s
I just went to this cozy little bar/restaurant in the East Village/Alphabet City. They have about over a dozen beers in bottles and on tap including the elusive Grolsch Lager. (Unfortunately once again I was thwarted in my attempts to order it because on the day I was there, their tap was out. This is not the first time it has happened.) One day I will have a pint of Grolsch.
- They had a happy hour special where 20oz pints are $4 / Mixed Drinks $7 (instead of the regular $6 / $9 respectively) as well as an intriguing $9 Jamison & Pint. Happy Hours = 12-8pm Every Day
- Food was pretty good; there was something about the fries that were amazing. Prices were pretty decent. I ordered Meatballs & Mash for only $11
- Crowd/Bartender very friendly.
- You are encouraged to graffiti the walls in the bathroom. There is a black light and chalk in the bathrooms.
- Need to make a return visit for their Brunch Special.
118 St. Marks Pl
btw E. 1st St & Ave A
New York, NY 10009